The Light Has Come Wk 3
Text: John 1:14; Luke 2:4–20
Topic: Emmanuel, Incarnation
Big Idea of the Message: God did the unthinkable by squeezing himself into a human body, especially that of a tiny baby, but his great love and perfect plan made the impossible possible.
Application Point: We can know God and see his glory by knowing Jesus as God’s only Son.
• What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
• In Luke’s story, what strikes you as significant in the angels’ announcement?
• Why is it so offensive for some to think of God becoming a human baby?
• How is Jesus’s incarnation, becoming God in human form, an essential part of Christian faith?
• How has knowing God as Emmanuel, God with us, made an impact in your daily life?
• How can I pray for you?