The Light Has Come Wk 1
Text: John 1:1–5
Topic: Preexistence, Sovereignty, Redemption, Light vs. Darkness
Big Idea of the Message: Before the creation of the world, the Father’s good plan for rescuing his children was to send Jesus to earth.
Application Point: We can be victorious over our own darkness by receiving Jesus as the Word of God for ourselves.
• What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
• What does this passage tell us about God’s character?
• Why do you think John’s imagery of light and dark is important?
• How does knowing God planned the first Christmas before he even created the world, before the fall of man and sin entered the world, affect you?
• How have you experienced the Light of the World, Jesus, entering into your life and bringing victory over the darkness?
• How can I pray for you?